Monday, April 16, 2012

Whats the best AGP video card?

I currently have an older pc - P4 2.4 ghz box with an ATI 9700 pro All In Wonder in it and want to upgrade the video card so i get better frame rates while playing Warhammer Online. The Best AGP I could find for the money is Sapphire HD 3850. Will this help or am I wasting my time? Should I upgrade to a motherboard that supports PCI-E instead?|||you should definitely upgrade your motherboard. It might be a little costly but buying another agp card would only be delaying the inevitable.

Great Deal:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/…|||The 3870 is a better card than the 3850, but as you indicated, it is more expensive... ATi has maintained AGP standards for (almost) all their cards up to one of the 4x cards I believe. However, the demise of the AGP slot for video/audio is fast approaching. Personally, I don't see them lasting into 2010. If you want to upgrade you can find an AMD 3.2 dual, ASUS mobo and HD3870 for probably about $400-$500 retail...just remember to take into consideration the size of your case before you buy a new mobo!



In any case, the Sapphire card will more than handle Warhammer!



Good Luck!|||Upgrade my friend An Agp video card is slow.... Upgrade your mother board an cpu.... Go for AMD athlon 64 (X2) 2.4ghz or higher



Get you AM2 socket mother board. Front bus 800MHz or more



Dual channel ram drr2.. 2gb of it an a PCi-express 512mb video card



you'll be in business Load windows xp.

No comments:

Post a Comment