Thursday, April 26, 2012

I have 10 Dell Optiplex GX260 computers, please tell me what is the best AGP Video Card i can use in them.?

I bought a Lot of 10 Dell optiples GX260's on ebay, and have since deployed them in the philippines for a small internet cafe, however, the factory video card is not capable of handling much. I have read a lot about this subject, and made NO progress, can someone please tell me a MODEL NUMBER of a Video card i CAN use? My MAX power supply (PSU) is only 180W|||As I'm sure you found out in your research, the Dell Optiplex GX260 uses a proprietary power supply you can't just swap out. I can guess from the mentioning of the 180 W power supply that you have the small desktop version of this model. The extra 20 W over the small form-factor may help.

Someone earlier today asked a similar question about the small form-factor Optiplex GX270.

As I'm sure you are aware, there are no AGP cards available that will work with a 180W power supply. What I had to suggest was trying an even older PCI graphics card, something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Jaton-Geforce-MX-4…

or this:

http://www.amazon.com/ATI-Rage-128-Video…

I wasn't able to find power supply requirements for either card. Since both are quite old, I can't imagine them needing much power. Also, they are low-profile cards so they will fit easily in the case. Either should be better than the integrated graphics in the systems now. At the very least, they will free the system RAM in the computer for the system instead of pulling graphics duty. This should help speed things up as well.

I wish I could be more help. If you need more help, add more details to this question, or feel free to email me through my Yahoo! Answers profile.

Good luck.|||why don't you buy a new PSU it only cost 900 for 400 watts here in the phillipines because I'm not sure but any video card can be use at any type of PSU but you may rather talk and see to a store that sell a video card ...Plz tell me if you are having a problem just email me the truth is your problem is too simple but I can't answer it because Im lack of your computer specs and the type of your cpu...

No comments:

Post a Comment