Thursday, April 26, 2012

What's the best AGP video card for a socket A MOBO?

I have a socket A mother board (Biostar M7NCD) topped out with an Athlon 3200+. I would like to get another year or so out of it before giving it to my kids and upgrading. What is the best AGP card I can get for it without bottle-necking my system. I was looking at the 7800GS, but I read that that would be a waist of money because it is too much card for a socket A MOBO and wouldn't show any improvement from slower cards. I am looking at the 7600GT and 6800GS(they are all the same price) but I don't know if they are also too much card.|||i would suggust u get an 1950gt ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as… ) because its actually pretty cheap for 160$ and i pratically have a system like yours (+3200 and i use a x1600pro ) if your really into gaming get the 1950gt you might not see alot of improvement on lower resolutions but this will shine on anything 1280x1024+|||My personal reccomendation would be the ATI Radeon X1600 series. Just enough to push HD content with the HDMI output. HDCP compatible for vista protected content. And at a sweet $120ish price range it's solid for the money.

I run this ONE card on TWO old CRT monitors and I can run an instance of WoW on one and LOTRO on the other and run them both smooth at medium rez.

No comments:

Post a Comment